Hi everyone again!
Lets talk something about the development of Planetium. Check out some of the current features.
- The first thing you must know about it, is that the name “Planetium” is for the project, and may be changed along the development.
Game features (28/02/2013)
- There are 3 ecosystems (cold, tempered, warm). Each ecosystem has their unique fauna and features.
- Exists the temperature and the humidity of the planet altering the ecosystem.
- Some trees or fauna are producing something, for example, Cloudflowers produces clouds and rain, Summertree hot and wet, and so.
- You must mantain an equilibrium. For example, one cloud its ok, two clouds produces rain that heal trees, three clouds may produce a stormy cloud, more clouds can produce a tornado and if this happens…
- There are categories for the objects, rarity I mean. A Cloudflower is common, Coporiols are unique and very rare.
- The most of the fauna its for their ecosystem, by putting a Summertree on a ecosystem of -2000º (cold) will cause almost an instant death. However, there are some fauna resistent to every ecosystem, like Cloudflower.
- There are fauna and will be buildings that can produce something even if you are offline, like the Pinields that can be sold or used to feed animals.
- Nothing that can harm your planet will be produced during your ausence, like clouds or others. You’re playing for pleasure, not for obligation.
- You gain Platiums to get new fauna, objects or whatever you need. You can gain Platiums by doing tasks or by selling the produced stuff from your planet!
- You gain SP (Special Points) to improve your planet and fauna by doing tasks.
- There is score. To be determined if it’s going to be a ranking or needed to unlock stuff.
System features (28/02/2013)
- Optimized data. Now the user get the data from the database once and upload it to the server only when it’s needed or when closing the application / disconnecting.
- External texts. It’s better to get the text from an external archive and then parse the data. Better for further translations.
- Adaptive GUI. The game is designed for 800×600 with scalable GUI depending of the screen resolution.
What payment method do you think it’s better for a game like this?